Brew Guide: Aeropress
*Fast, Easy Clean-Up, Espresso-like*
What you need:
Coffee (Fine Grind), Filtered Water, Aeropress and Filter
Have a scale to weigh your coffee grounds. Use a burr grinder and grind fresh!!
17-22g of finely ground coffee for full aeropress. Yield: 10oz (280mL)
- Heat filtered water to (201℉-205℉). Let cool briefly if it reaches boiling.
- Put your filter into the aeropress cap and screw onto the aeropress. Place the aeropress onto your cup with the #1 side down. Leave the plunger separate.
- Pour hot water into the vessel, rinsing the filter and preheating your cup. Let drain, and empty cup.
- Now pour your finely ground coffee into the aeropress, following with a small amount of water to below the #2 and stir with the aeropress paddle to evenly saturate all the grounds. Let the coffee bloom for about 30 seconds.
- Now fill the remainder of the aeropress with water, and stir once. Place the plunger gently into the top of the aeropress to retain heat and wait for 30-45 seconds.
- Now slowly plunge downward with even pressure. The plunge should take close to 30 seconds to complete.
- Enjoy your coffee! (Tip: Many people prefer a more concentrated version to mimic espresso)