Brew Guide: French Press
*Simple, Heavy Body, Oily*
What you need – Coffee (Coarse Grind), Filtered Water, French Press
Recommended – Grind your own beans, fresh! Burr Grinders are ideal for uniformity.
Coffee:Water Ratio – 1:15 (24g / 350mL (12oz))
- Heat filtered water to (201℉-205℉). Let cool briefly if it reaches boiling.
- Place coarsely ground coffee into french press.
- Pour desired volume of water. Give it a stir to ensure even saturation of the grounds.
- Put the lid on to keep hot, but don’t plunge yet! Let the coffee extract for 5 minutes. Now plunge the handle slowly and enjoy!
- If the press is very difficult to push down, you may have too much coffee. Likewise if you receive no resistance when plunging, you may need to add more coffee.