Brew-Guide: Hario V60
*Clean, Focused, Balanced Cup*
What you need:
Coffee (Medium/Fine Grind), Filtered Water, V60 Brewer and Paper Filter, Gooseneck Kettle
Have a scale to weigh your coffee grounds. Use a burr grinder and grind fresh!!
25g for 12oz yield (350 ml)
- Heat filtered water to (201℉-205℉). Let cool briefly if it reaches boiling.
- Put your paper filter into cone. Rinse with hot water to rid paper-taste and pre-heat cup.
- Dump water out. Place freshly ground coffee into wetted filter and make it level.
- First pour just enough water to wet the grounds evenly, allowing the coffee “bloom” for 30-45 seconds.The grounds will expand and settle, releasing CO2.
- Now begin pouring in clockwise motion starting near the center. Avoid pouring directly onto filter. Pour as slow as you can while maintaining a consistent pour until you reach your desired volume (350mL).
- The brew time should be about 3:00-3:30. If the coffee brews much slower, you should coarsen your grind for faster flow rate. If it brews too fast, adjust your grind finer to slow the process down.